Major Assignment #1 Instructions: Ethical Decision
For this assignment, your task will be to make a decision about how to solve an ethical problem for your company by considering several options and then looking at pros and cons for each of those options.
Step #1: Brainstorm and Prepare Your Ideas
You will receive an ethical problem. For this problem, you need to brainstorm at least three possible options to solve this problem (option 1, option 2, option 3 etc.). Then, for each of these options, you need to analyze them to determine what are the possible pros (advantages) and cons (risks) for each option.
• Explanation• Pros• Cons
• Explanation• Pros• Cons
• Explanation • Pros • Cons•
Step #2: Make a decision
You have to choose among the 3 options that you were given. However, if you can think of a 4th better option than the 3 you were given you are free to do so.
Step #3: Justify your decision
In a 10-15 minute presentation, you will have to explain and justify why you chose one of those solutions.
You must submit your assignments by Wednesday May4th.
(Students, who follow the course asynchronously by watching the videos and those who cannot present due to technical issues, can do a written report of 750-1000 words APA format)
• David Tovar is the spokesperson for our company• We are considering promoting him to Senior Vice-President. We have to decide whether to promote him or not.• David started at our company 20 years ago• He said he had a university degree when he applied for the job (20 years ago)• We did background check and found out he doesn’t have a degree. • We talked to him and he says he never graduated from university but thought it wasn’t a problem after he got the job.• He never told anyone about this until we asked him as part of this process
Option #1: Fire David
We should tell David that we appreciate everything he has done for our company for 20 years, but we have to fire him to set a precedent and a strong example for other staff.
Option #2: Promote David with a Warning
We can tell David that we will give him a break this one time because of his 20 years of good work. We will give him a formal warning that must go on his file and if there is any evidence of any other unethical behaviour, he will be fired.
Option #3: Give David a Warning but No Promotion
We will tell David that he can remain as the head spokesperson for our company, but he will not be able to get a senior executive position because of his lie when joining the company
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.