You will choose two (2) of the following question prompts. Then you will submit one of the responses for #1, and the other for #2.
Please choose only one (1) of the following questions and write 3-4 well-structured paragraphs that adequately respond to the questions, proving you know and understand the classroom material. See the rubric below.
1. One of the main distinctions between moral theories is the distinction between relativistic moral theories (those that argue that moral theories are relative to individuals or cultures) and universalistic or objective moral theories (i.e., those that hold that there are objective moral truths). Describe the sense in which two of the moral theories we have studied in this course hold an objectivist or universalist position. Why do you think this is the case? Do you think relativism is a defensible position in the face of these theories?
2. Are there some moral duties that can never be violated? Is it possible to rank order your moral duties so that you would know which one to follow when they were in conflict? Even 'create the best possible outcome' or 'maximize good results' is a kind of moral duty. Is it the only one? What reasons can you provide to think that there are no absolute moral duties?
3. Discuss the ways that virtue ethics is in tension with Kantianism, Utilitarianism, and pluralism. In other words, I want you to consider the ways that virtue ethics is compatible with these moral theories, but I also want you to describe ways that it is contrary to these theories. Should we still think of ethics as a matter of virtue or not?
4. Consider a contentious, contemporary moral issue or moral dilemma and use at least two of the moral theories that we have studied to provide a framework for resolving this dilemma.
5. Would it be possible to create a productive dialogue between Eastern and Western ethical philosophy? What major points of similarity as well as points of difference would you select to focus on for such a discussion? Use the information you’ve learned to construct an answer that will balance both difference and similarity
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.