Reading and understanding food labels can often feel like having to understand an entirely new language. However, it is important that consumers are able to read and interpret the nutrient content in the foods they consume.
For this assignment, you will need to compare the nutrition labels (provided) for two types of crackers, and then answer a series of questions. Use the Food Label Worksheet below.
Module 06 Assignment – The Value of Food Labels
You are at the grocery store and want to buy some crackers, but you want to choose the healthiest option. You are considering two different brands and decide to compare the nutrition labels on the boxes. The image below shows what you see for Cracker A and for Cracker B.
Apply what you have learned in the course, and answer the following questions using complete sentences that reflect proper spelling/grammar.
1. What major differences do you see between the nutrients in these brands?
2. What are the serving sizes for each brand? Why is it important to note serving sizes when comparing?
3. Are either of these crackers low in sodium according to current recommendations? What are the current sodium recommendations for a food to be considered “low sodium?”
4. Which cracker (“A” or “B” brand) should someone choose if they are trying to eat less fats (both saturated and trans fat), less sodium, and more fiber?
5. In your opinion, which is the “healthier” cracker snack? Explain your reasoning.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.