Using what you have learned about your topic from your literature search, you are working towards formulating a research purpose and question. Note that in the Learning Resources for this week, the language of qualitative research is incorporated into how the research purpose and question is formulated. Here are some basic do’s and don’ts.
· Examine differences, effects, or impact
Broad, open-ended questions
For example, in the ongoing scenario for each of the weeks of this course, the qualitative research question is formulated based on:
DO: The purpose of this study is to understand the narratives of childcare and support in families in impoverished communities.
DO: What is the meaning of a “well-behaved child” to early childhood caregivers in impoverished neighborhoods?
While as in this example, the research question is formulated based on quantitative information
DON’T: The purpose of this study is to examine the demographic and family factors that predict the use of childcare services in impoverished communities.
DON’T: What are the differences in early childhood social skill acquisition between children that do receive childcare services and those that do not?
For this Discussion, you will examine qualitative research as it relates to qualitative design considerations.
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Review the Learning Resources and the Fundamentals of Qualitative Research Methods: Developing a Qualitative Research Question video and consider the basic guidelines for qualitative research design.
Assignment Task Part 1
· Use the Course Guide and Assignment Help found in this week’s Learning Resources and search for a qualitative research article. (Note: This article should be the research article you are using for your Major Assignment 1.)
· Review the qualitative research article you found and identify each of the components of the research design and consider what is present and what is missing.
· Identify what the authors did to document positionality, reflexivity, and bias.
Writing Assignment Task Part 1
Based on the information found in the preparation , Explain the article chosen in
three paragraphs and post the following:
· A brief statement of the purpose and primary research question the article addresses
· An assessment of how thoroughly the research design was presented, including what was missing
· An assessment of the extent of the researcher’s presentation of positionality, reflexivity, and bias
Be sure to support your main post and response post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA style.
Assignment Task Part 2
Respond to one of your colleagues’ posts in 125 words and:
· Reflect and provide feedback on what they found in their research article.
· Reflect and explain how this experience has informed you of what you should consider if you were to develop your research topic into a project for your dissertation or doctoral study.
Fundamentals of Qualitative Research Methods: Developing a Qualitative Research Question video
Yale University. (2015, June 23). Fundamentals of qualitative research methods: Developing a qualitative research question (Module 2) [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0HxMpJsm0I
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.